We Are Coming Home … With Children in Tow
For months we have been praying for July 15th …even before we received our court date.
He blessed us with this embassy date. It came and went and we are as official as we can possibly be.
We still haven’t quite mastered the language barrier, but we are now ones whose ears perk up when we hear “Mommy” or “Daddy” from across the room. They have learned those two words, “I love you” and “Ok.”
The children are absolutely delightful. We are having some incredible highs here along with a few not-so-great lows as the children walk through this transition. . . but nothing beyond what we might have expected. We are both overwhelmed by the tenderness of God to invite us into the ring with these two little ones.
We prayed for joy for her for quite some time …and I can’t come up with a better word to describe her than joyful. She squeals, dances and sings about 75% of her awake time (the other 25% just might be making me gray early). We prayed for peace and attachment for him as he entered this new family …and I’ve gotten familiar with the image of this little one looking so at home in his daddy’s arms.
Tomorrow at this time we will be at the airport, celebrating our indoctrination into parenthood with a 17 hour flight home. What better way to enter the fire of parenting!
We thank you all for your prayers …we know many of you have labored in prayer for this day for months and some years. And we worship, unashamedly, the God who has looked upon us with favor.